If you’re wondering how complicated is to install the Genesis child theme, let me just say – no more than handling an email.
You heard well, if you know how to save the file to your computer and then upload it to the right place, that’s all what it takes.
Now, watch the video below to see it for yourself.
- After you purchase your Genesis theme, check your email for a link to download it.
- When you download the theme, it will be in a zipped file. Don’t unzip it because the zipped file is what you will need for the following step.
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard and go to Appearance > Themes.
- On the Themes page, click the “Install Themes” tab at the top of your screen.
- Click the “Upload” link and find the genesis.zip file from your computer and then click the “Install Now” button.
- Now find the child theme’s zip file and upload it as well. Make sure you activate the child theme, and not the Genesis parent theme.
You are now ready to show your work to the rest of the world.
If you’re experiencing some problems about installing your Genesis theme, put it in the comments below.